Tuesday 31 July 2012

Kinda getting far from home...

So my dad and I left home in Fredericton on Sunday morning and we've done quite a little bit of travelling. Well, about 1 800 km to be exact. So that's about two days worth of travelling. Where am I exactly right now? I'm sitting in a hotel room in Sault Ste-Marie, ON.

This is where I am tonight. Seriously. Not.
So here's what's been happening since I left home.


  • We drove through Quebec province. 











  • Crossed into Ontario (forgot to take a picture of the sign...)

  • Spent a day at my cousin's in Ottawa where we went to the Royal Canadian Mint
Bet you didn't know it was me on the quarter!


I even made myself a new boyfriend!

But turns out he was a little bit too frisky...
(look at where his hand is)



  •  I got over my moose boyfriend and found myself a real man. 


Ok, not really real...

  •  My cousin tried to make a guard laugh. 

Let's just say we were having quite the conversation before
this picture and you can't see it but she's doing the bunny
ears to him. Gotta say, the guard didn't laugh but he did seem
a little less serious by the time we left!

  •  Left Ottawa and drove to Sault Ste Marie



Also, I'm driving in prime squall country. So I'm keeping a running count of how many storms I'll end up driving through up until Calgary.

The count so far : 1 thunder storm near Mattawa. 

And I have yet to see a moose. Damn. 

Tomorrow's plan : Sault Ste Marie - Thunder Bay!!!! (and Moose seeing...hopefully)

2 comments:

  1. My uncle lives there (and my grand-father is not too far either! If you want to visit a town of 1100 people with absolutely nothing there but a grocery store, a gift shop and a pizza place/bookstore (seriously, they're both in the same building), go visit Thessalon. :P)

    Man, Slt-St Marie is so grey! I was told that they practiced some space exploration in Sault-St Marie(either as astronauts or the space rovers, something like that) because the terrain is like the moon or Mars. But maybe that's something my dad made up just to mess with me. Because he does that all the time.

    Also, I miss you amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fake hotel room!!!! ;D Hahaha And I also love the fact that you're on our Canadian Quarter. :D I will cherish my quarters forever now, knowing you are on each and every one of them. I'd also like to say that your little frisky boyfriend there seemed like quite the catch, him being a Mountie and all! ;) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete