Tuesday 29 January 2013

And I'm back!!


Why, hello there!! I know it’s been awhile since my last post, but I have been super extremely busy!! Here’s what I’ve been doing:
-          Completed a 30 day yoga challenge in November
My sanctuary

-          Got sick, twice.
o   The first time was a cold.

Meet the Norwalk virus. Those
little suckers invaded my gastric track
for a week!
o   The second time, the Norwalk virus. If you don’t know what that is, it’s severe diarrhea/vomiting for a few days. I barely ate or drank in 5 days and yet, I was always running to the washroom. I called home one morning, at 4:30am Alberta time (7:30am NB time), crying to my mom: “Mom, what’s wrong with me??”









-          Went home for Christmas to spend time with my family and friends.

We were laughing at absolutely nothing.
We're cool like that. 


I've found it was just easier to invest into
two yoga mats. I sweat like a there's no tomorrow
so I need to wait a day before my mat to dry out!!
-          In the process of completing my second 30 day yoga challenge, which I am extending to a 60 day yoga challenge.




o   I go 5-6 times a week anyways when I’m not doing a challenge, so it’s not like it’s a dramatic change in my lifestyle.












-          Trained for my first ever (but not last) half-marathon that’s coming up on February 9th.
o   My running group actually did 21.7k (a half is 21.1k) on Sunday at a slow pace. It took us 2h22min at a slow pace so my goal of completing my half on race day in less than 2h20min is completely plausible!!

Feb 9th, 2013. Watch out!! 



-          Tutored 2 students in math
o   One in 11th grade, she ACED her final exam. I’m so proud of her!!!


Made the mistake of showing him this.
I now have to specify "Find the NUMERICAL
value of x." EVERY SINGLE TIME. 
o   One 9th grader, who is an on-going student since the course is yearlong. He also likes to sass me, little bugger!!













-          Doing kickboxing twice a week.
o   One of the instructors told me to join the intermediate class…I laughed.
Cuz I'd totally win if I someone would sneak up on me
in a back alley. NOT. 

I may sound a little crazy, but those who know me know that I only function when I am a busy bee. And by joining a yoga studio, a kickboxing gym  and a running group, I’ve been able to meet a lot of incredible new people in this new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment